Education is a system of academic science, and consists of some components. Each other component relates hardly as one unit. According to the father education, Ki Hadjar Dewantara that there are three centers of education, they are:
(1) Informal Education, (2) Formal Education, and (3) Non Formal Education.
(1) Informal Education, informal education is education at home who are managed by presents (mother and father). It is said informal education because of the extence of it is confessed by international world and home is build by marry between father and mother in front of KUA (The office of Religion Officer or Kantor Urusan Agama by ijab and qabul with six conditions namely bride, bride room, ijab qabul, witness, mahar, and certification). Children of those parents are the homo educandum and parents are Homo Educandus (pl. Homo educandum). The process education is going on since the neonathal just born up to adult or to be married and they separate their parents. The subject matters are touched to them among them are mother tongue, religion, character, culture, virtue, wisdom, socious member, slavish to parents, responsibility, obey to parents, pray to God, read Al Qur’an, tradition and so on. After marrying they are regarded to be adult and are able standing themselves. The responsibility parents is up to adult or to be married.
(2) Formal Education, formal education is education under managed by government by means of regulation, the ruler, and the minister’s decision, UUD. 1945. There are elementary school, secondary school, middle high school, university, institute and private school, formal education has formal and professional teacher, student, subject matter the aim of education, media of education, methodology of education, certificate, accreditation, budgeting, evaluation, national exam and etc.
(3) Non Formal education, non formal education is a education managed by foundation even private or religion including course, like English course, majlis ta’lim, surau, preaching, etc.
The components of educations are:
(a) Teacher or educator (e) Curriculum
(b) Student (f) Media of Instruction
(c) The Aim (g) Environmental of Education
(d) Subject Matter (h) Evaluation
(a) teacher or educator, teacher or educator is homo educandus (pl.homoeducandi) is ;
(1) a person employed in an official capacity for purpose in guiding and directing the
learning experiences of pupils/students in educational institution whether public or
(2) a person who has completed a professional curriculum in a teacher education
institution and where training has been officially recognized by the award of an
appropriate teaching certificate or teacher profession.
(1) Student or homo educandum is a person or group person who is growth (physic) and
development (mind) to be adult.
(2) Student or homo educandum is a person or group person who needs the guidance
and leading to anticipate a better future. Adult is a responsibility person in his wife.
(c) The aim of education is the destination will get by hard effort, Hereby we see the aim of
(1) The aim of education is to make someone or homo educandum realize all his talents
gifted fitrah or to become morally or good citizen to fulfill the destination.
(2) To build a person in order to have good character and personality. Personality is
something that makes someone different with others. According to Sigmund Freud,
the expert of Depth Psychology that personality has more 200 kind of traits, physical
form type. Example someone is a aggressive, calm, intelligent, emotional, introvert,
extrovert, subjective, or selfish etc. Type of body like ectomorph (high), mesomorph
(sedang), endomorph (pendek/short).
(d) Subject Matter, Subject Matter is the contents of curriculum or basic course of outline in
book lesson and one of the teacher’s guide to give transformation or transfer of
knowledge according to curriculum.
(e) Curriculum, Curriculum (curricula, pl Greek). Curriculum comes from the word curre
(Greek) mean run/walk quickly. According to experts of education like:
(1). William B. Ragan in his book: Modern elementary curriculum, that the
curriculum is the subject is taught in school, or course of study.
(2). Saylor J. Gallen and William N. Alexander in his book “Curriculum is the sum total
of the school efforts to influence learning, whether in the classroom, playground
or out of school.
(3). Association for supervision curriculum Development, says that curriculum is “all
learning opportunities by the school as potential contributions to the balanced
development of learners”.
(4). According to theminister of Department of Education and Culture No
008/c/u/1975 curriculum is “sejumlah pengalaman belajar yang diberikan (di
bawah tanggung jawab sekolah) dalam usaha untuk mencapai suatu tujuan
(f) Environment, environment is a surrounding (far or near) to give influences a little or
much to someone. Example, the situation of home, neighbor, market, global era, climate,
weather, relation to others, etc.
Nowadays the influence of environment is great like, electronic media (tv, radio,
website, computer, face book, printing media (daily, weekly, monthly). In education the
influence of education mean observe in Jakarta like transportation, quarrelling of students
on Saturdays, the location of school, lab school, etc.